Are you looking to go solar but are worried about what happens if something goes wrong? A lot of solar companies offer warranties on their work, but not all do. You might be wondering: why? It’s a big deal because warranties protect your investment and ensure that the company is there for you if anything does break down or stop working properly. In this article, we’ll be discussing solar panel warranties as we tackle the following:
- What is a solar panel warranty and what does it cover?
- Why should you get a solar panel warranty?
- What are the benefits of getting a warranty with solar panel installation?
- How to know if your solar provider offers warranties
- Other important things to know about solar panel warranties
What Is A Solar Panel Warranty And What Does It Cover?
Solar panels are wonderful because they make your home energy-efficient, having a warranty on the installation and the parts themselves are super important. This means you don’t have to worry about what will happen if something goes wrong! Solar panel warranties cover everything from manufacturing defects and product failure, all the way down to the improper installation of parts or materials.
A solar panel warranty is the amount of time that a company guarantees their panels to be working and supplying power. This usually ranges from 10-25 years, depending on which company you purchase them from. Some companies also offer extended warranties for an extra fee if they are not confident in how long their products will last but most only come with one year of coverage unless requested before purchasing.
Why Should You Get A Solar Panel Warranty?
A warranty assures homeowners and businesses with peace of mind knowing their investment will last as long as possible without any issues occurring down the line. For example, serious issues could be something like lightning damage or fire spreading through your property because moisture got inside as a result of improper installation work for example. This can potentially result in huge amounts of repairs needed if left unnoticed for too long!
Therefore, a solar panel warranty is a great way to ensure that your investment doesn’t go to waste if something goes wrong. They’re also often cheaper than the upfront cost of an entirely new system which means you can save money down the line.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting A Warranty With Solar Panel Installation?
The benefits of getting a warranty with solar panel installation are endless. Not only can you sleep soundly at night knowing that your panels have been installed correctly and will work for years to come, but it also gives peace of mind in case something goes wrong and saves you lots of costly repair bills down the track. With a solar panel warranty, some important benefits include the following:
- You can recover the cost of replacing panels if they happen to malfunction.
- Warranty benefits are often transferable when purchasing and selling a home, so this is an investment that could be passed on to future homeowners and increase the value of your property as well!
- Offering of replacement parts as well as general maintenance service during warranty period.
Many people do not think about warranties until they need them. However, forgetting this extra bit of protection could lead to costly repairs down the road if anything goes wrong with their system. Having an extended warranty on their product upfront can help you avoid these issues.
How Do You Know If Your Solar Provider Offers Warranties?
You can find out if your solar provider offers warranties by asking them before you sign any contracts. This will help to avoid a lot of headaches in the future. Knowing about your solar provider’s warranty policy also makes protecting against unforeseen problems easier and more affordable. This is extremely reassuring when there are so many unknowns associated with entering into such a large investment such as a solar system installation.
As such, if you’re wondering if your solar company offers warranties, here are just a few questions to consider:
- What kind of warranty do they offer?
- What is the length of their warranties in years or months?
- How much does it cost for a yearly maintenance fee that will cover any defects and malfunctions with hardware installed during installation?
- How much does it cost for the solar company to provide limited protection from third party causes such as theft or vandalism?
- If your system needs repairs after the warranty expires, who pays for labour costs and transport charges associated with those repair services?
Other Important Things To Know About Solar Panel Warranties
Solar panel warranties are necessary but can be a little complicated. There are many different types of solar panels on the market these days and there is not one warranty that applies to all models.
It’s important to know what kind of solar company you’re dealing with when it comes time for your installation so they will provide an appropriate warranty program in return. This should help ensure that no matter where your home or business is located, you’ll have access to power anytime the sun shines!
Solar panels are the energy source of tomorrow, and if you’re considering making a purchase to power your home or office building with solar power, it’s important that you know what is covered by their warranties.
If you’re considering going solar, it’s important to know what kind of warranty your solar installation company offers. With so many options out there, we recommend checking with the manufacturer before making any decisions about which company is best for you.
Please contact us today at GCR Electrical Systems on (07) 4120 7004 if you have any questions about solar in Hervey Bay, or leave an enquiry if you would like more information about our solar installation services.