We all know that solar power is a great renewable energy source, but it’s not always easy to choose the right company to install it for you.
When it comes to choosing a solar company, you need to make sure that you pick one that will help you save money on your electricity bills and reduce your carbon footprint. However, there are so many options out there, it can be hard to find the best local solar company in Hervey Bay.
Therefore, we have made a list of certain things you need to consider when selecting a solar company in Hervey Bay. Please continue reading below to learn more!
How To Find The Best Solar Company In Hervey Bay
In order to find the best solar company in Hervey Bay, first pinpoint your needs. Do you need a system for home or business use? What size of installation do you require? Is there enough space on your roof-top? As we can see, there are a number of things to consider.
Based on this, following are some of the most important things to consider when looking for a good solar company in Hervey Bay:
- Knowledge – a well-respected, established business will have access to all the latest technology and strategies.
- Experience counts – newer companies may not yet be licensed or insured adequately so careful research is needed before making a final decision.
- Look at their references – ask around with other customers to find out how they’ve been treated by this firm and what should you look out for?
If you can find a solar company that passes this criteria, then you are heading in the right direction.
Solar Power Benefits And How You Can Save Money
Solar panels are a great way to create energy-efficient and cost effective electricity from the sun’s rays. This is a powerful form of renewable energy that has many benefits for both humans and the natural world around us.
One of the major benefits of solar power is that it’s good for our wallets! You can save yourself a lot of money by using solar power and not having to pay outrageous rates for your monthly bill.
By having solar power installed, you no longer have to rely on expensive fossil fuels that are used to power the grid that you feed off, and you also save the environment at the same time.
The Different Types Of Solar Panels Available For Installation
There are three main types of solar panels, and we’ll help you understand the differences.
- Mono-crystalline cells produce more electricity at a lower cost than poly-crystalline or amorphous silicon cells. The mono cell is fragile but yields up to 20% higher efficiency than its competition – perfect for hot climates where cooling costs money.
- Poly crystalline will be less expensive in colder environments because it’s tougher so they can withstand harsh weather conditions; however, their output decreases as temperatures drop below 0 degrees Celsius (32 F).
- Amorphous Silicon has high wattage but produces smaller amounts of electrical power when compared with other technologies due to poor efficiencies during extreme temperatures
The importance of finding the right sized system is vital when considering whether it will be cost effective and efficient. It may also enable access to renewable energy grants such as those offered by Queensland Government’s “Smart Solar Rebates”.
If you aren’t sure what is best for your needs, make sure you consult with an experienced solar installation company so that they can inspect your roof and determine what is best for you based on your home’s location and orientation.
What Is Net Metering And Why Does It Matter To Me?
Net metering, also called net energy billing or feed-in tariff (FIT), is a pricing structure for electricity where consumers are paid the wholesale price of power plus benefits such as renewable and clean fuel certificates.
Net metering helps to conserve energy and save money by balancing out your usage between periods when you need more power, such as during hot summer days or in winter months when heating systems are running constantly, against times where demand for power is low at night.
When it comes to looking for a solar company in Hervey Bay, we want to help you take the guesswork out of your decision. Our team has been in this industry for a long time and we know how important choosing a solar company is when it comes to getting electricity from renewable sources, saving money on utility bills and living sustainably!